한국산악아카이브 | KOREA MOUNTAIN ARCHIVE

본문 바로가기

히말라얀 데이터베이스

⌂ 처음 화면
← 산의 원정 기록

Pioneer Adventure Everest Ski Challenge

Everest · 2022 · 가을 (3) · Poland

원정 개요

Stepan Becvar and Josef Simunek were climbing separately from the Polish ski team.

From Andrzej Bargiel Facebook;

Sept 4, 2022
Greetings from Base Camp! We're the only team currently operating under Everestl Throwback to the past days:

2. A night in Lobuche, we spent at The Everest Pyramid - a weather station that monitors climate and pollution.
3. Bartek and sunset at Gorak Shep.
4. On the way to EBC, we got Kala Patthar with the whole team.

Sept 8, 2022
On the way to camp 1.

Sept 9, 2022
We managed to get to camp 1 and stay there for the night. Due to a weather change we had to go back to base camp in the morning. The passage through Icefall is very complicated, extremely time-consuming.

Sept 12, 2022
Another acclimatization outing took place this morning. Together with Janusz and Carlos we are checking in at camp 2.

Sept 13, 2022
Together with Janusz [Simunek] we managed to win camp 3. Now we are resting in camp 2, where we will spend the night and go to base in the morning.

Sept 14, 2022
We are checking in from Base Camp, the descent from camp 1 to base was very difficult, fresh snow and shifting of the glacier caused the previously defined road virtually non-existent. A moment of rest and we continue.

Sept 18, 2022
The acclimatization outing was delayed a bit, the weather changed a lot and there was a lot of snow on the icefall, which is why we decided to postpone the outing to tomorrow.

Sept 22, 2022
Our plans for acclimatization exits to higher camps have been thwarted by the weather in recent days, but we finally managed to reach the fourth camp - at almost 8000m above sea level.

Sept 23, 2022
We spent a few days in camp 2, as another part of the acclimatization. I was able to reach almost 8000m, and then ski down to camp 3 where we spent the night with Janusz. Now we have returned to the EBC. Now waiting for weather window, and straight to the top!

Sept 24, 2022
Last acclimatization push above camp 2.

Sept 28, 2022
Time for a Peak Attack! Today at about 1 pm 4:00 local time we left from base to camp 2. Keep your fingers crossed!

Sept 29, 2022
In the strong wind Andrzej and Janusz arrived at camp 4. Due to gusty wind gusts above 70 km/h and the inability to pitch a tent in C4, the decision was made to suspend the summit attack and climb to C2, with the possibility of staying in C3, to attempt the attack again tomorrow, weather conditions permitting.

Sept 30, 2022
Unfortunately, the weather conditions have not allowed to go back to the summit. The team is staying at camp 2 for the night and will make decisions tomorrow about the possible continuation of the summit attack, which if the weather forecast confirms will be possible on Sunday/Monday.

Oct 2, 2022
Today in the morning we returned to the base camp, we spent three nights in camp 2 waiting for the weather to improve. Unfortunately, strong wind and clouds cover didn’t let us go for another attempt. We will decide what to do next soon.

Oct 3, 222
I am forced to make a decision to end the expedition. The forecast for the next days and weeks is getting worse. Heavy snowfall and strong wind, will make it impossible to reach our goal. Due to the high risk and the tough, unpredictable conditions in the Himalayas this year, I felt that this was the only right decision. Thank you for your support, together with the whole team we felt it at every step.


From www.polanddaily24.com

During the project ‘Everest Ski Challenge’ Andrzej Bargiel wanted to conquer Mount Everest without the use of oxygen and descend the mountain on skis. Unfortunately, the weather conditions started getting worse and worse. "I am forced to make a decision to end the expedition. The forecast for the next days and weeks is getting worse. Heavy snowfall and strong wind, will make it impossible to reach our goal," Andrzej Bargiel informed on Facebook.

"Since yesterday, we have been at the BC and are all okay and safe. Unfortunately, the last summit attack gave us a tough time. We went at the altitude of 8000m to the South Pass. Unfortunately, we were stopped at the pass by the wind, which was much stronger than forecasted. Gusts of up to 100 km/h meant that we could not set up a tent and camp, which also meant that we could not just try to climb the top the next day," Bargiel said in a recorded video that he posted on his Facebook.

  • 내부 원정 ID10938
  • 원본 EXPIDEVER22301
  • 대장Andrzej Bargiel
  • 루트 (Route)S Sol-SE Ridge
  • 최고 도달고도8000m
  • 정상 등정 성공아니오
  • 산소 사용미사용·확인 필요
  • 종료 사유악천후 (4)

참가자 16명

이름국적역할정상 등정산소사망
Andrzej Leszek BargielPolandLeader---
Bartlomiej Marian (Bartek) BargielPolandDrone Operator---
Stepan BecvarCzech RepublicClimber---
Janusz Eryk GolabPolandClimber---
Carlos Llerandi LavanderaSpainCameraman---
Bartlomiej (Bartek) PawlikowskiPolandPhotographer---
Josef SimunekCzech RepublicClimber---
Ang Sarki SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Chhatemba SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Dorchi SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Lakpa Dorji/Dorchi SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Nga Tenji SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Ngima Tendi SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Pasang SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Pemba Rita SherpaNepalH-A Worker---
Sange Dorje SherpaNepalH-A Worker---

출처·참고문헌

https://polanddaily24.com/6135-everestskichallenge-bargiel-to-end-the-expedition-due-to-weather-conditions/sport/12389 · 2022 · 웹사이트 (5) ·
https://www.regionplzen.cz/blog/expedice-everest-2022-ziskani-koruny-sv-178011/ · 2022 · 웹사이트 (5) ·
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=646942146795440&set=pcb.646945226795132 · 2022 · 웹사이트 (5) ·
https://www.facebook.com/Jedrek.Bargiel/ · 2022 · 웹사이트 (5) ·